Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) – Specifications GSM Arena
Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro (2017) with 32GB/3GB RAM; Samsung Galaxy J5(2017) Duos with dual-SIM card slots.
The J7 treated to full-HD, the J5 has a 720p screen – which is acceptable considering the smaller diagonal. Plus, the J7 (2016)’s sales figures didn’t seem to be hurt by its own 720p display, a 5.5-inch diagonal there, not to mention that the Mali-T830MP2 GPU appreciates the lower load of fewer pixels. There’s no always-on display on the J5, unlike the J7, and that’s a bit of a waste of AMOLED.
The J7 (2017) comes with 3GB of RAM in all its incarnations, but the J5 only has 2 gigs, except for a Pro version that matches the big bro. Storage is less than generous too, with the international version getting just 16GB, though it’s double that in some regions – remember, segmentation.
The cameras come from the J7, and not the J3, which is good, even if we weren’t ecstatic about the J7’s output. The overall body design is identical to the larger model’s, which makes the J3 look like a member of a different family. Additionally, you do get a fingerprint reader with the J5 (2017); the basic J3 is denied that.
Samsung Galaxy J5 (2017) key features
- 5.2 inch HD 720 x 1280 pixels (~282 ppi pixel density) Super AMOLED, Android 7.0 Nougat
- 16GB ROM, 2GB RAM, microSD, up to 256 GB (dedicated slot), Finger Print Scanner, All Metal Body, 3,000 mAh
- Built-In Battery
- 13 MP, f/1.7, autofocus, LED flash, 13MP Front Camera, Exynos 7870 Octa-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53
- 3G HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100, 4G LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850),
- 7(2600), 17(700), 28(700) – Compatible with Most GSM SIM Card Carriers
- Dual SIM International model phone, Does NOT have US warranty.
- Will work with Most GSM SIM cards in U.S.
- and world Including AT&T, T-Mobile, MetroPCS, Etc.
Get Our Full Customer Reviews